Tuesday, January 10, 2017


Image result for media coverage
(c) google.com

On Bad News
A Reaction Paper



          As I conceive it, I think Bad news is worth aired, if and only if, if it is for the purpose stated on the book authored by Malinao (Journalism for Filiplinos). It must solely serve its purpose to call for awareness and vigilance for both of the public and the government in whatever is happening inside our country or in our neighboring countries.

          Sadly, what I sometimes hear, see and observe from some press people of today makes me doubt in the credibility of their news reports. Some of them let themselves, consciously or unconsciously, be used by powerful and greedy propagandists' agenda. I hope that this malpractice in the profession of journalism would be duly addressed and resolved someday. I hope and pray that journalists would uphold to their oath as a voice of the people and maybe then, "bad news" would result to a "good news" for our country's reform.

No comments:

Post a Comment