Monday, January 16, 2017

(c) theduran.com
What I have learned after my Facebook account has been hacked
                

         Snakes also resides in cities, so do they on the social media, specifically on Facebook. I can tell because I have experienced it first-hand. A person, I don’t know if a he or she, intruded and maneuvered into my Facebook account and left a terribly rude comment on my girl friend’s post which lead her to PM me and sent her disgust and hate to me for ‘posting’ that ill-mannered comment in public. Though it wasn’t really my fault and I couldn’t ever remember commenting such thing on her post, I still said sorry for my lapses and carelessness. I then immediately took some security measures for my account, changed my password and logged out my Facebook account in other devices thru a security option in the website.

Here are some tips on how to keep your Facebook account safe from hackers and intruders:

1.       Avoid using public computers or shared devices in accessing your Facebook account.
You might leave traces of your account’s information and with just a few clicks, somebody could get into it and use your account for their greedy, personal reasons.
2.    Secure a security lock or passcode for your app and more importantly for your devices ( laptops, tablets, or smartphones)
It will help, if in case you usually leave you gadgets unattended or somebody might steal them, not to easily have access on your account or in any apps you have.
3.       Don’t publicize all your personal information.
 Limiting access to your personal information will help you be less vulnerable to scammers and hackers. Also, don’t just accept friend request from anyone whom you don’t know for extra safety precautions.
4.       Change your password from time to time and make sure only you knows about it.
What’s the use of a password if somebody else knows it? It should be a top secret.
5.       Don’t be careless.
Anything could happen anytime so don’t be so sure about everything and let your guards down, especially if it is about your safety.


No comments:

Post a Comment